Our brands - Bamboo Boody, 'Look good. Feel good. Do good.'
Australian sustainable company Bamboo Body has been offering an extensive range of bamboo clothing in Australia for over 15 years.
Bamboo is a versatile fibre that offers an impressive list of advantages.
- It is incredibly soft and comfortable to wear.
- People with skin sensitivities such as eczema and psoriasis have reported that bamboo clothing does not irritate their skin like most other fabrics do.
- Studies have shown that bamboo clothing is more breathable than cotton, and has moisture wicking and antibacterial properties.
- Bamboo Body clothing has been tested by ARPANSA who confirmed that our fabric has a UPF of 50+. Making it an excellent option for sun protection clothing.
- Bamboo clothing is also claimed to be thermo-regulating which means it can keep you warm when the weather is cool and keep you cool when the weather is warm.
- Bamboo clothing is considered a good alternative to cotton and polyester not only due to its soft feel and easy care, but also because of its sustainable and eco friendly credentials.
- The bamboo plant / grass is one of the most sustainable and renewable resources in the world. It grows very quickly and requires no pesticides, fertilisers and very little water to grow.
- Bamboo Body fabric is certified by OEKO-Tek100 which means the fabric is free from harmful chemicals and residues.The story
Bamboo Body was founded by sisters Amanda and Elouise in Sydney in 2005.
From humble beginnings working out of their mum’s garage, Bamboo Body now has Australia’s biggest range of bamboo clothing.
The business began as a retail fashion store in Brisbane. Many of the store's customers were impacted by the summer heat, so the sisters went on the hunt for a comfortable, breathable fabric to meet the needs of their shoppers and also compliment their clothing designs.
Completely captivated by the unique nature of bamboo fabric, the founders looked beyond the starter collection they had designed for their store to make their luxuriously soft, stylish and sustainable bamboo clothing accessible to everybody.
They launched their first line of everyday style essentials under the Bamboo Body label in 2006. Bamboo Body has since expanded rapidly and now offers a vast collection of bamboo clothing for women and men, all designed in Australia.
With an unwavering philosophy of ‘look good, feel good, do good’, every piece from Bamboo Body is ethically produced and offers the best in both comfort and style, whatever your shape or size.
Where are your Bamboo Body pieces made?
Bamboo Body is Australian owned and designed. The organically grown bamboo they use in the fabric is sustainably farmed in the Yunnan Province and the clothing is made ethically in a small family run factory in China.
They're also currently working with an Australian factory accredited with Ethical Clothing Australia on a range of locally sewn garments, they're due to be released in early 2021.
Bamboo Body Awards and Certifications
- Bamboo Body fabric is certified by oeko-tex 100 standard which confirms that the fibre does not include any harmful chemicals.
- Bamboo Body fabric has been certified UPF 50+ by ARPANSA
- Bamboo Body crop is also FSC certified and organically grown.